Play & Paint for Peace Event Now Has TWO Locations!
Due to the incredible response we have had for the free community arts event Play & Paint for Peace, The S.H.A.C.K. has added a second location! On Monday, January 21, 2013 on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Family Fun Kuts (Location #1) will host arts & crafts and haircuts from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at 111 Church Hill Road, Sandy Hook. Event schedule is below.
At Location #2, The S.H.A.C.K.’s second event location and NEW home, we will have events from 11:00a.m. until 4:00p.m. The studio is located at 100 Church Hill Road, Suite $#104, in the parking lot behind Katherine’s Kitchen. Event schedule is below.
Everyone is asked to please R.S.V.P. via email to email@example.com to let us know what time you’re coming and the location (#1 Fun Kuts or #2 The SHACK). We will be booking in 1-2 hour blocks of time due to the awesome response we’ve had! The event is open to all local children, however, we want to make sure Sandy Hook families are given first priority. The cost of this all-day event is FREE, however cash donations for start-up costs for The SHACK’s new arts center will be graciously accepted.
LOCATION #1, Family Fun Kuts, 111 Church Hill Rd. Sandy Hook
- 10-11:00 am Face Painting, Therapy Dog, & Painting Peace Signs
- 11:00a.m.-12:00 a.m. Face Painting & Painting Peace Signs
- 12:00-2:00p.m. Face Painting & Painting Peace Signs
- 2:00-4:00p.m. Face Painting & Painting Peace Signs
- 4:00-5:00p.m. Therapy Dog & Painting Peace Signs
LOCATION #2, The S.H.A.C.K.’s New Home! 100 Church Hill Rd., Suite #104, Sandy Hook
- Closed to public for set-up of puppet show
- 11:00a.m.-12:0op.m. Puppets For Peace Puppet Show
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. Paper Bag Puppet Making
- 1:00-1:45p.m. Healing Drum Circle
- 2:00-2:45 p.m. Healing Drum Circle
- 3:00-4:00 p.m. Therapy Dog From Animal Assisted Therapy Services, Inc.
The S.H.A.C.K. stands for Sandy Hook Arts Center for Kids and is in the process of forming our 501(c)3. Until then, we have teamed up with Animal Assisted Therapy Services, Inc. of West Haven and Arts for Healing of New Canaan, both already established 501(c)3′s. We are a volunteer run community arts center with the mission of providing a safe haven for kids and families to come and heal through free art, music and pet therapy. We will also offer low cost children’s theatre and art classes and puppet shows.