Gilleoghan Irish Dance to Offer Irish Dance Classes at the SHACK
On Mondays beginning June 8th Catie Thorne, a Champion Irish Dance Teacher, will be holding dance classes at the SHACK for beginners of all ages!
Classes will run on Mondays from June 3rd through July 8th for 45 minutes. No need for fancy attire; a pair of sneakers, shorts and a T-shirt will work just fine.
Catie Thorne, TCRG, started her Irish dancing career in Danbury, CT at the age of five.
As a champion Irish step dancer Catie placed in the top 10 in all 10 New England Regional Championships, placing as high as 2nd, qualifying for the World Irish Dance Championships 5 times. She competed in numerous North American, All-Ireland and World Championships for solos as well as teams. Catie is excited to join the SHACK this summer to share her love of Irish culture and dance!
The Gilleoghan Irish Dance School is a fully rounded and comprehensive Irish Cultural Program that is available to residents from all over Connecticut. Their programs will offer not only Irish Dance in its various formats, but also Irish Music and Language.
They are Connecticut’s only Irish Dance Studio that offers:
- International Level Solo Dancing
- International Level Team Dancing
- Dance Drama
- Adult Programs – Competitive and Recreational
- Show Style Dancing
- Irish Language (Gaelic) classes
- Formal Childrens’ Dance Education and Examinations complying with Irish Dance Commission standards
- Preparatory instruction for Teaching Diplomas complying with Irish Dance Commission standards
- Connecticut’s only dance studio with World Championship teachers on staff
Gilleoghan is located at 170 Greenwood Ave in Downtown Bethel.
Classes will run on Mondays from 5-5:45pm from June 3rd through July 8th. The cost is $90 per student for the 6-week session plus a $25 annual registration fee. Sign up by 5/18/13 and we will waive the registration fee! To register for classes please email firstname.lastname@example.org For further questions please call Gilleoghan Irish Dance at 203.616.5100 or call the SHACK at 203-304-9555.